We are a national, independent registered charity and rely solely upon donations to continue our work. Our ability to continue to help, train, and provide information relies upon fundraising and sponsorship to support this programme. Without your help we would be unable to continue developing our network of salons that care, who provide such an important service to people suffering from hair loss.
mynewhair Social Media Tool Kit
To ensure we can make a difference to as many people as possible suffering from medical hairloss we would love you to share with you a few mynewhair social media tips – to help spread the word!
Where to find us:
Facebook: mynewhair by Trevor Sorbie
We would love to hear from you so please follow us and feel free to tag mynewhair to let us know what you’re up to and to show your support.
Planning to hold a mynewhair fundraising event? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help promote you event via our social media pages.
What we need to know about your fundraising event:
- Date and time
- Free or ticketed event
- What you’re going to do to fundraise
*we’ve had everything from cake sales to sky diving!
- Your salons / mobile hairdressing businesses’ details
- Links to your social media pages
- If you have any images to promote your event
Social media tips
- Why not create a Facebook event for your fundraising event? If you have a website for your salon / mobile hairdressing business why not also upload your event onto there to.
*We can then share the links on our social media!
- Tag everyone involved in your event e.g. local businesses, mynewhair, partners etc
- Use the hashtag #mynewhair on Facebook and Twitter
- Link to www.mynewhair.org for people to find out more about mynewhair
- On Twitter tag your local newspaper or radio station within an image included in a tweet about your fundraising event.
*By tagging people on an image you save on your Tweet word count and might get just get re-tweeted
- During the event take lots of pictures and even a video or try Facebook Live.
- After your event share with us pictures and how much you raised!
General Social Media advice
- Use clear and simple language with your own tone of voice.
- Always use an image, video or website link in your social media posts.
- Use up to three hashtags on Facebook and Twitter. Some example hashtags include; #mynewhair, #fundraising, #charitytuesday, #charity, #alopecia, #medicalhairloss.
- On Facebook posts check-in to a location e.g. your salon
- Tag relevant accounts on Facebook and Twitter within your posts.
If you are holding a fundraising event, please send us the details so we can publish on the website. Contact us here.
If you are thinking of organising an event for mynewhair please contact us to see how we can help.
ADVICE FOR HAIRDRESSERS